Moodle 3.1 which is scheduled to be released in May 2016 is packed with a lot of rich new features for teachers, students and administrators. The new features are designed to help you save time and deliver online learning more efficiently.
Here we are listing the top 14 new features coming in Moodle 3.1 which will make your life easier and better:
- Competency based Education – The most demanded and required feature is finally coming in Moodle 3.1 after almost an year of development. See our previous coverage here.
- 1-page assignment grading – Also mentioned as assignment grading UX improvements. This will result in alot of time savings for teachers while grading the assignments (Read our previous coverage).
- LTI Improvements – Improvements in adding the LTI tools at both site and course levels in Moodle and capabilities to publish Moodle courses or activities as LTI packages.
- Global Search – Finally the request for having a global search in Moodle is going to be fulfilled soon. 🙂
- In-place-editing in many places – Now no more page reloads to change minor things with in-place-editing at many more locations. Similar to changing the activity or resource name on your course page now.
- Grade performance fixes – Gradebook often faces some performance issues on large Moodle sites which are being addressed in Moodle 3.1.
- User Disguises – Capability to post in forums as anonymous users without disclosing your actual identity. This feature will allow the students to ask “silly” questions of the teacher without fear of embarrassment in front of their peers.
- Nicer Confirmations – If you have noticed the confirmation screen after sending a forum post in Moodle which seems very irritating. In Moodle 3.1 the confirmation messages will be displayed on the same screen in top bar with a green background making it much interesting.
- Download all folders as a Zip – Now you can download all folder as a zip file.
- Pinned Discussions – Now you can pin any forum discussion to keep it at the top of the forum for easy reference.
- Feedback improvements – Improvements in the feedback module
- Search in Server folder repository – Now you can search files in the server folder repository also.
- Course Meta links – Meta links which were missing since Moodle 2.0 are back with Moodle 3.1
- Recycle Bin – The first project taken by Moodle users Association is now a part of Moodle core.
Hope all these new features will make your life much easier with Moodle and you will enjoy all these new features coming in Moodle 3.1.
What are the other features which you would like to see in Moodle? Do let us know in the comments below.