Top 10 plugins to enhance the Atto editor capabilities #Moodleplugin
Atto editor – the default text editor for Moodle introduced in Moodle 2.7 assists the users in entering content. Atto is the text editor which is developed specifically for Moodle by Moodle development team and provides many cutting edge features as compared to other text editors.
To extend the capabilities of Atto, Moodle community developers have also developed many plugins to cater the requirements of latest features and add multiple functionality requirements of different streams. At the time of writing of this post, Atto text editor contains 36 plugins which can be used to add different features to the editor toolbar.
Top 10 Atto Editor plugins:
Today, we are going to look at the the top 10 plugins for Atto editor which are most popular in the Moodle plugins database and are downloaded most number of times. The list is prepared in descending order of downloads in past 3 months.
- WIRIS plugin for Atto – Math & science : The plugin developed by WIRIS team to add fully WYSIWYG editor to add Maths and Chemistry expressions.
- More font colours – Allows the users to choose the fonr colors from a predefined list or color palette.
- PoodLL Anywhere(Atto) – Allows the user to record audio and video or draw pictures, or snap pictures, directly into forum posts, assignment descriptions, page resource content, question descriptions, question responses and other areas. Requires the PoodLL filter for working.
- Full screen – Allows the users to alter the text in Full screen editing mode.
- Font Size -Easily change the font size of the text using this plugin
- Styles – Allows you to apply custom CSS classes to block and inline text.
- Word Import – Allows you to import the Microsoft Word documents with Pictures and Tables. Can be used to import the Google Docs and Libre Office files which are saved with .docx extensions.
- Multi Language content – Facilitate the creation of multi-linguistic content in Moodle by providing appropriate language tags around the selected text.
- Font Family – Atto doesn’t contain any tool for altering the font family by default, however, this plugin allows you to alter the font family of the text.
- HTML+ – Provides a version of the HTML plugin with both syntax highlighting and code beautification with indentation support.
These are the top 10 atto plugins downloaded by Moodle community in last 3 months. Check out other plugins for atto editor here. What are the Atto plugins which you are using on your Moodle site? Which functionality/feature is missing in the Atto editor which can be addressed through plugins? Share your ideas with us in the comments section below.