Recently a stable version of the Newsletter activity plugin is released in the Moodle plugins database by David Bogner.
Newsletter activity module provides the basic features of common newsletter tools. Some of the basic features of newsletter module are:
- Subscription methods: Opt in, opt out, forced
- Management of subscribed users: Cohort (un)subscription, Ajax user (un)subscription, filtering users
- Auto generated unsubscribe link
- Subscription of not yet registered users
- Multiple attachments
- Stylesheet: Attach a stylesheet and it will be converted to inline CSS (this is necessary for mail clients)
- Report of sent issues
- Resuming sending newsletter if there was a problem so that all recipients will get the newsletter
- Prevent duplicate message sending
- Issues overview with sort options: year/month/week
- Uses moodle internal VERP bounce system, if it is configured correctly
- Easy to use bounce processing: Just setup the mailbox for the noreply address defined in the moodle configuration and it will automatically add bounce processing to all the newsletters
You can download the Newsletter plugin from this Moodle plugins database entry link. The newsletter plugin is available for Moodle 2.4+ versions and also having a Moodle Hat award.