New Plugin – Active Quiz replaces the old face-to-face Realtime quiz activity
Another new plugin added to the Moodle plugins directory is the Active quiz which was originally started as an update to the realtime quiz module, but later grown into a separate module due to the very large functionality additions/changes.
Using Active quiz activity you can offer in class quizzes on any device using a responsive theme, any question type from the question bank, use timed/not timed questions, grades reported back to the grade book, group quizzing (with a group attendance feature), view student responses in real time to offer in-class discussion about the results, and more!
Major features of the active quiz activity plugin are:
- Integration with the Moodle question engine
- Grades are now recorded and sent to the grade book if the relevant settings are used
- Group quizzing with group attendance
- Viewing quiz question responses for each student/group during the quiz
- Poodll question types and multiple choice question types have additional functionality added to help with display of responses
- Additional capabilities to facilitate in-class discussion
You can download the Active quiz activity plugin from this link: https://moodle.org/plugins/view/mod_activequiz
Thanks John Hoopes for adding these new features in the new active quiz plugin.