The official moodle mobile app has been updated to a new version – Moodle Mobile 3.2.1, which is packed with a lot of exciting new features and improvements. The new version release is focused on improving the user experience and accessibility.
In a recent announcement, Juan Leyva – Mobile app team leader at Moodle HQ, announced the release of the new version with a lot of excitement:
“We are excited to launch Moodle Mobile 3.2.1. In line with Moodle Mobile 3.2 major release in November last year, this update has focused on continuing the harmonized experience between the web and mobile version of Moodle.”
Exciting New Features:
The new version boasts of 4 new key features:
- Glossary: Moodle Mobile Users can add glossary entries with attachments like images, documents etc.
- Unread messages and notifications count are displayed in the app icon (iOS) and in the app main menu.
- Mobile features can be configured from the Moodle site administration – custom menu items, custom language strings, disabled features and an option enabling users to log out completely from the app.
- The site home displays the same options as via the web – search courses, browse course categories etc
Apart from the new features, the new versions also includes the following improvements:
- Course pages display labels (without needing to tap them) and activity descriptions when set.
- Messaging is faster and smoother.
- Video posters are downloaded.
- Forum: Tracking, nested discussions and forum post attachments are supported.
- The text editor adapts to the screen height.
- Text messages can be copied.
- Audio continues playing even when the screen is locked.
- The image viewer supports zoom.
- The media and file picker opens in the same page.
- Calendar events can be filtered by course.
- Users can set a default time for notifications.
- New option to view password when entering it.
- The site policy can be viewed and accepted via the app.
- Choice results display as graphs.
- Several UX and design improvements including a new Participants page and Grades page
Check out the complete list of changes in the new version in the release notes here. You can download the latest version of the Official Moodle Mobile app via Google Play (available now) or Apple’s App Store (in a few days time).
What are the other features which you would like to see in the Moodle Mobile App? Share your opinion with us in the comments section below.