On 20 Feb 2015, Moodle mobile app was updated to the new version 1.12 from the earlier 1.11 which was released in Jan 2015. The latest version is having a lot of new features and fixes to make the app better for usage through mobiles and other handheld devices.
The brief list of changes include:
- New features:
- Any type of file can be uploaded to Moodle (in iOs using the “Open with” option; in Android via a new option in the Upload section)
- Group events are now displayed in the events list
- New reminder options for local notifications
- Removed unused permissions in Android; the app asks for less permissions during installation (yay!)
- Blocked users are listed in the contacts page
- You can block/unblock users in the messages option.
- Local notifications: better synchronization with calendar events
- Notifications title in Android is now the site name (instead the Moodle Mobile word)
- Front page course is now supported
- When a site is deleted, the device is unregistered in your site
- Report a bug via email and “add as contact” options replaced
- Added extra debugging in order to warn developers that their Moodle custom version uses deprecated Web Services
- Documentation improved (general documentation, notifications, etc..)
- App description translated to new languages
- Fixed Iframe scrolling problems under iOS
- Fixed files not being deleted after being uploaded (video, audio and image)
- Fixed NW.js isFile missing function
- Fixed problem with uploading audio (NW.js version)
Complete list of fixed issues in the updated mobile app are available at this link location.
To download the app for your mobile/tablet check out this link: https://download.moodle.org/mobile/