New Moodle administrators often find it difficult to get rolling with the Moodle interface and managing a Moodle site. Here is a great video tutorials playlist from YouTube created by Moodle Tutorial for Beginners covering the basics of Moodle site administration.
You can refer someone new in the Moodle world to this tutorials and get them rolling in the Moodle world. The video playlist contains 18 brief tutorials in total, which covers the following topics:
- Introduction to the Moodle Admin Course
- What is an LMS – What is Moodle?
- When to Use Moodle (and When NOT to)
- Moodle Versions used in this course
- Help is always at hand
- Admin Login for the First Time
- Discover the Moodle Interface – Elementary features
- Configure your Profile Settings
- Administration Block – Site Administration
- IMPT Customize Blocks and Dashboards BASICS
- IMPT Customize Blocks and Dashboards – Hiding and Deleting
- Site Information – Fundamental and Necessary
- Working with Themes – The Basics
- How far can you go with the UX – 8 examples
- How To Choose a Theme – WHERE to find
- How To Choose a Theme – Making a DECISION
- Installing a new FREE Theme
- Even more on Theme Customization
You can watch the complete playlist below or check out this direct link.
In your opinion whats the best resource available to get started with the Moodle site administration. Do share with us in the comments below.