JW Player multimedia filter updated to a new version with fixed bugs
JW Player multimedia filter which allows using JW Player for playing HTML5 and flash content, including RTMP/HLS steams and is currently being maintained by Ruslan Kabalin and Tony Butler has been updated to a new version 0.3 with fixed bugs and fixtures.
The filter is designed to achieve consistency of the player appearance in all major browsers and mobile platforms. The player supports flash fallback, providing more devices and formats coverage than either HTML5 or flash can handle alone. The filter also supports RTMP and HLS streams.
According to the release notes of the new version:
- Subtitles support via embedding options parameter (Johannes Burk),
- Poster image support via embedding options parameter (Johannes Burk),
- Google analytics integration support (Owen Barritt),
- Default poster image option in settings (Owen Barritt),
- Some alignment improvements (bug #3, Owen Barritt),
- Add support for custom skins (Owen Barritt),
- Fixing HLS/SMIL streaming flash priority (Owen Barritt),
- Add possibility to specify player width in percentages (Owen Barritt),
- Add setting to make player size responsive (Owen Barritt).
- Some other minor fixes.
You can download the latest version of the JW player multimedia filter from https://moodle.org/plugins/view/filter_jwplayer