BigBlueutton, the most popular open source web conferencing system for on-line learning with deep integration with Moodle has been upgraded to a new version 0.9.0 which is their twelfth release to date.
The current release of the BigBlueButton is a major step towards of the goal of BigBlueButton i.e. every student with a web browser should have access to a high-quality on-line learning experience.
Features in this release include:
- improved audio using web real-time communication (WebRTC) support in FireFox and Chrome web browsers,
- teachers can now choose which segments of their class are recorded using the Start/Stop Record button, and
- users now test their microphone before joining the audio bridge and can also join in Listen Only mode.
The goals of this release were to
- improve the overall quality of audio,
- give Teachers more control over the recordings, and
- increase the likelihood that users enter with a functioning microphone.
You can download the BigBlueButton web conferencing system Moodle plugins from this link: https://moodle.org/plugins/browse.php?list=set&id=2
The release notes for the latest release of BigBlueButton are found here: http://docs.bigbluebutton.org/support/release-notes.html