Recent researches suggest that by using Gamification in online courses can result in increased engagement and improve the learners performance. For gamifying a Moodle course, you can follow these tips and additionally use these moodle plugins. Level Up! is one such Moodle plugin which can be effectively used to gamify your Moodle course. It is among the top 3 Moodle blocks downloaded in the last 3 months.
The Level Up! block works on the Moodle events and captures few according to pre-defined rules. It then attributes experience points based on the information contained in the event. By default the plugin comes with a minimal set of rules to attribute experience points to actions, and to ignore some redundant ones. However, you can visit the Rules page in the plugin itself to view or override them.
Frédéric Massart, the developer of other popular Moodle plugins like Stash Filter, Stash availability etc. released a premium version for the Level Up! block for Moodle. The premium version of the plugin provides enhanced features and dedicated support options. However, the free version will continue to be available for free without any changes.
Features in the Level Up! Premium Addon:
The premium addon for level Up! block will unlock new features like:
- Activity completion support – A reward rule for tar getting activity completion is available.
- Course completion support – A reward rule for targeting course completion is available.
- Limit students’ rewards – In premium version, it is possible to limit the amount of points that can be gained during a specified time window
- Resilient cheat guard – Improved mechanism for preventing students from cheating
- Additional level badges – Three sets of additional badges to be used instead of the standard set are available
- Substituting experience points – Use any symbol to reward your learners with something other than experience points
- Downloading the report – With this feature, you can export the report to multiple formats like CSV and Excel.
- Moodle Mobile App support – The addon is compatible with the official Moodle mobile app and works like a charm.
- Groups support – It also supports groups of students in your course which is also another handy feature.
The new premium addon for Level UP! block comes in three different plans starting from AUD Level Up! premium addon through this link.95 but I will suggest to choose the Pro plan which comes with dedicated email support. For more information and details, check out the brand new website for the
If you are not sure about the level up block and what it can do for you, why not download the free version and try it out yourself.
Do you wish to add any other feature in the Level Up! block. Do let us know and we will pass it on to Frédéric Massart.