Wanna translate your Moodle courses in other languages – Check out this awesome guide #Opensource #Moodle
Moodle natively is not having any capabilities to translate any course content in other languages. However there are bmore than 120 language packs for different languages around the world, But the course creator/teacher has to create the course content in multiple languages.
Marco Cevoli, the Moodle community member has shared an awesome guide with the community in a forum thread about translating your course contents to another language using the open source tools. Marco makes maximum leverage of the Moodle course backup system in translating the course.
In order to fully translate a Moodle course, you need to translate several elements:
- system messages
- course content
- files (images, videos, attached documents, etc.)
The workaround suggested by Marc consists of following 5 steps:
- export the course through Moodle’s backup feature
- convert the relevant content to XLIFF
- translate these XLIFFs externally
- convert them back to XML, and
- restore the translated package as a new course.
What are the other tools which can be used to translate one Moodle course into other language? Share your creative innovations in the comments section below.