Voting Cycle ends for Moodle Association with Progress Bar getting Max votes! @MoodleUA #MoodleAssociation
Voting cycle for the current project development cycle January – June 2016 is closed for projects in Moodle Association and now it had entered into Finalizing project requirements phase until May 02nd, 2016.
The projects which eventually gets maximum number of votes from Moodle community members are as follows –
- Progress bar – 3514
- Lesson Improvements – 3476
- Allow custom course fields (extend course metadata) – 3311
- Send Scheduled Messages – 3295
- Self Assessment & Peer Review – 3295
- Student alert for submission due dates – 3295
- Activity Bulk Settings updater – 3110
- Improvements to Announcements (formerly News Forum) – 3095
- My course – dashboard – 3063
- Combine “Enrolled Users” and “Participants” list – 2701
The complete development cycles consists of 4 phases as follows:
Phase 1: Project Development Phase (4 months)
- Projects are proposed, detailed requirements developed collaboratively
- Moodle Pty Ltd and other Moodle developers consulted if required
- Feasibility and relevance review by the Committee and Moodle HQ if requested
Phase 2: Project Consolidation Phase (1 month)
- Project proposal development closed
- Association Committee reviews projects for completeness of proposal, requirements and relevance
- Moodle Pty Ltd provides cost estimates
- Discussions can continue, eg regarding voting preferences.
Phase 3: Voting Phase (1 month)
- Members vote for projects to be presented to Moodle HQ for Development using allocated voting points
Phase 4: Committee Finalisation Phase (2 weeks)
- Projects ranked for development from most votes to least by Association Committee
- Successful projects are those ranked highest and are selected in order until all funding is allocated
- Association Committee provides Moodle Pty Ltd with the project requirements and funding to develop the projects.
Unsuccessful projects are rolled over into the new Core Development Cycle if proposer wishes to continue.
We are very much excited with the support extended to Moodle Users Association and just as an update the total membership count has reached to 115 with 97 individual members from all over the world.
What are the other projects which you wish to be included in the Development cycle by Moodle Users Association?