Shoelace theme rewritten for Moodle 3.0 – Now available in RC version @Moodlethemes @GJBarnard
Shoelace theme for Moodle has been rewritten completely by Gareth J Barnard for Moodle 3.0 and released in Release Candidate version with new features.
In a recent announcement on Moodle forums, Gareth mentioned about the release of the new version and the motivation to rewrite it completely. According to the announcement:
What is the motivation behind this release? I have created this release for two main reasons:
- To learn how to implement the new Mustache templating mechanism.
- To expand my knowledge of jQuery and learn how to create modules.
The theme is also having two new features in the name of:
- Frontpage Carousal
- Dynamic Navbar
The full list of changes included in the new release are:
- Style guide typo.
- Convert to Mustache templates.
- Fix: Course table of contents block navigation for fixed navbar.
- Use #595959 for dimmed text.
- Add ‘aria-hidden=true’ to ‘Font Awesome’ icons where possible.
- Update Style Guide improvements from Essential.
- Add external access to the Style Guide via moodlesite/theme/shoelace/pages/styleguide.php.
- Fix padding top for navbar.
- Add frontpage carousel.
- Update to FontAwesome 4.5.0.
- Added navbar scroll hide / show feature.
- Tidied up the settings.
- Added logo height setting.
- Turned on docking and adjusted navbar to suit.
You can download your copy of the Shoelace theme from the Moodle themes database here.
Please note that this version shouldn’t be used on a production site as it is still a RC version and should only be used for development purpose only.
What are the other Moodle themes which you like the most? Do let us know in the comments below.