Review Moodle User Experience – the top voted project by MUA community @moodleassoc #Moodle
Moodle community is now more focused on improving the user experience of learners on their Moodle platform. The user interface of Moodle hasn’t changed considerably in a decade long journey. Moodle HQ has recently launched a Usability testing survey recently to build Moodle for future generations.
Walking on the same trends, Moodle Users Association has voted “Review Moodle User Experience” in the current Project Development Cycle Jul-Dec 2016. The project proposed by Pieter van der Hijden is based on the comments from outsiders explaining why they are less interested in Moodle, is its “clumsy” user interface.
The goals of the project are:
- Investigate the user experience of Moodle, both from teacher/staff point of view and from students point of view.
- Identify what is appreciated, and what could be better.
- Formulate guidelines for our UX.
- Assess our actual situation in detail.
- Define a strategy to implement improvements.
The other projects in descending order of votes are as follows:
- Review Moodle User Experience – 640
- Improve the Calendar Interface – 600
- Ability to set activity due dates relative to enrollment date – 205
- Re Propose previous Project – Add custom course fields (extend metadata) – 50
- Send Scheduled Messages – 40
- Add chapter level restrict access to the Book activity – 40
- Combine “Enrolled Users” and “Participants” list – 40
- Exclude Restricted Activities From Grades – 25
What is your take about improving the Moodle Users Experience? Which areas needs a major overhaul to improve the usability? Share your creative ideas in the comments section below.