POET Group submitted reviews for 2 plugins!! @Moodle
POET Group which was formed by organizations within the Moodle community to look into and help implement, improvements to the way Moodle plugins are reviewed, approved and certified. POET group has submitted the review for 2 Moodle Plugins out of the several reviewed plugins named:
According to the announcement by Mike Churchward:
Our current reviews don’t completely fit into the format on the plugins database, so I haven’t posted them there yet. The purpose for our reviews is to determine if the plugin is acceptable to be installed on the sites we manage. We have created a number of status criteria, designed to help indicate this:
- Review in progress (obvious I think),
- Failed (enough problems to recommend not using it yet),
- Accepted (has minor problems, but still safe to use),
- Approved (passed all tests and should be used),
- Certified (future plan that would include guarantees of maintenance).
Once we review a plugin, it is our intent to send our details to the maintainer, especially when there are items that need to be fixed. We also hope to be able help when needed and provide fixes back if needed.
Read the complete announcement in the Moodle Forum thread here – https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=321582
- POET Group thread on Moodle Fourms
- POET Group Website
- Certificate Activity Review
- Lightbox Gallery activity Review
What’s your view about the POET Group initiative? How much you will be benefited by using the plugins reviewed by POET Group? Please share your views in comments below.