Offline Quiz updated for Moodle 2.8
Offline quiz plugin maintained by AMC Academic Moodle Cooperation, has been updated to a new version to be compatible for Moodle 2.8
The MC Offline quiz module adds paper-and-pencil multiple-choice quizzes to Moodle. In offline quizzes students mark answers to questions on a sheet of paper (the answer form). The MC offline quiz plugin allows you to test thousands of students at the same time without any requirements of costly e-testing equipment.
Acc. to the plugin description:
The Moodle MC Offline quiz module adds paper-and-pencil multiple-choice quizzes to Moodle. In offline quizzes students mark answers to questions on a sheet of paper (the answer form). The students’ answer forms are evaluated and graded automatically by the offline quiz module.
More precisely, a complete offline quiz consists (at least) of the following steps:
- A teacher creates an offline quiz in Moodle and adds multiple-choice questions, all-or-nothing multiple-choice questions or description questions (text) to the quiz. This is very similar to creating online quizzes (standard Moodle quizzes).
- From the question lists the teacher creates question sheets and answer forms as PDF (DOCX) documents using the module.
- The question sheets and answer forms are handed out to students for the actual quiz. The students mark the answers they think are correct in the answer form.
- The teacher scans the filled-in answer forms and uploads the resulting images into the offline quiz. The scanned answer forms are evaluated and graded automatically by the module.
- If necessary, the teacher corrects errors that might have occurred due to mistakes made by the students or due to bad scan quality.
You can download the latest version of the Offline quiz plugin from the Moodle plugins database here: https://moodle.org/plugins/view/mod_offlinequiz
More documentation about using the plugin can be found here: http://www.academic-moodle-cooperation.org/en/modules/offline-quiz/