New plugin – One tool for all CSV based approaches – Global CSV feeding for Moodle
Another plugin updated recently on the Moodle plugins database is the Global CSV feeding for Moodle which concentrates on all CSV based approaches for feeding massively Moodle with initializations as courses, users, and enrollments, completing all existing mechanisms with missing parts (cron automation, failure reports, tryback files, archiving, CSV files repository and selection, instant upload and run).
This tool was primarily intended to complete all standard tools around CSV files loading with systematic handling by cron, manual operation, and resulted more comfortable to join all those tools in an “all in one” version. Most of the code for making end operations is largely inspired from core CSV features, with some enhancements.
What is added :
- All tools (except course reinitialisation or deletion) can be fully croned.
- All tools can generate a tryback file keeping only discarded inputs (failed)
- All tools will archive the processed files into the archive directory
- All tools can be used from an immediate file upload (manual run)
- All tools can use any input file stored into the CSV file container, and keep track in configuration of which file to use.
- Course mass reinitialisation tool is added
- Course mass creation handles template designation to initiate a course with content, either pointing an available backup (all versions) or pointing an external file in the server (>= 2.7)
- Exhaustive reports give detailed status on each operation.
- Reports are generated ans stored in “reports” folder.
You can download the plugin from here: https://moodle.org/plugins/view/tool_sync and extract the contents in the Your_Moodle_directory/admin/tool/sync directory. Then install the plugin from the notifications page and visit Site Administration > Feeders and Automation > User and course synchronization by files.
The plugin is developed by Valery Fremaux. The plugin is now available for Moodle 2.6+ onwards.