Moodle 3.0 Beta Released #MoodleWorld #Moodle3.0
Moodle 3.0 the upcoming version of the most popular open source LMS in the world “Moodle” has entered into the Beta stage.
In a recent announcement on Moodle Forums, Dan Poltawski the core Moodle developer at Moodle HQ, announced the release of the Beta version of Moodle 3.0
By entering into the Beta phase means that the upcoming release is feature complete and only testing is balance to fix any issues.
A number of issues which are of relevance to developers landed recently:
- Travis config which can be enabled on developer clones of moodle.git to facilitate pre-checking in various environments. See https://docs.moodle.org/dev/Travis_Integration
- Backup and restore for new-style events is now supported MDL-46455
- Multiple improvements to the plugins installer including dependency installation mean that this is a great time to get your plugin dependencies configured in version.php MDL-49329
- MDL-45515 – Table editing features missing in Atto editor
- MDL-46455 – Backup and restore of new events
- MDL-38214 – Add MCS, MCVS, MCHS Cloze subquestion types
- MDL-49682 – Forum email template is not editable
- MDL-30674 – Set guest access key from enrolment methods page
- MDL-40836 – File resource: Option to display uploaded date
- MDL-49329 – Plugins installation improvements
You can download the Moodle 3.0 Beta version from the GitHub page here.