Check out the first child theme for Boost – Waxed by Richard Oelmann @Oelmann_Richard
Moodle 3.2 adds a new dimension to the user experience with the introduction of Bootstrap 4 – Boost Theme. Moodle theme designers are as always ahead with the development of new themes based on Boost. Richard Oelmann, developed a new Child theme for Boost – “Waxed”, which add many new settings to the Boost theme options.
The new theme is waiting for an official release in the Moodle plugins directory but if you would like to give it a try, you can download it from this Github page.
New features in Waxed Theme:
In addition to the boost options, Waxed provides the following new features:
- Presets – presets added by ftp/ssh to the theme/scss/presets folder will be automatically added to the presets drop down, in addition to those uploaded via the user interface.
- Colors – additional brad color pickers to fine tune the selected presets, along with the standard pre/post raw scss custom settings.
- Content – a footnote setting to add standard content into the footer space
- Heading and images – add a page background image and a default heading background image – the heading image can be overridden at a course level by adding an image banner to the course summary files. A separate login page background image can also be added.
- Social networking icons – a panel of social icons can be created, including self-defined icons.
The most thing which I liked in Waxed theme is the inclusion of multiple presets (around 17), through which administrators can customize the default look and feel without any technical hassles. If you would like to propose any suggestion, improvement in the Waxed theme then you can share your thoughts in this forum thread.
Have you tried Moodle 3.2 yet? What are the theme options you are pondering upon for Moodle 3.2? Do share with us in the comments section below.